Baby showers are held to herald the arrival of a newborn. In the US it used to be held a month after the birth of the baby, but nowadays it is being celebrated a month in advance, before the baby is born. Even in India, we have this function in the form of “Seemantham” in the South and “Godh Bharai” in the North, which is celebrated in the seventh month of the first confinement. The function comprises of games and fun things to do and mostly is a function for women. It is conducted by someone close to the proud parents-to-be, in most cases the grandparents.
Sample baby shower messages
- It was thrilling to know that you will soon be the proud parents of a little boy or girl. May God bless you with a healthy and cheerful baby.
- The long-awaited news of your confinement had me in raptures, dear sis. I am waiting for the day I will have a real doll to play with.
- “Behold children are a heritage from the Lord”, Ps 127:3. May this gift for you from God be perfect in health and good will, bringing you many, many bright moments.
- I am tired of waiting for the arrival of your little one. Hope the days fly away soon, so that I can hold the baby in my arms.
- I certainly would like to share your joy and will come to the party. Oh! How fortunate the child will be to have you as parents.
- Whenever you feel stressed out and tired of waiting, just dream of your little one. The baby will be cute as long as the little one is like his father.