Boxing Day messages are sent as tokens of affection and love on the day after Christmas, which is the 26th of December. Boxing Day messages must convey warmth, sincerity and good wishes for the festive season. They must be written with a lot of care and consideration so that their sincerity is conveyed to all. There are certain points to be kept in mind while framing or composing Boxing Day messages, and they are as follows:
- The messages should be simple and straightforward. This lends credibility and sincerity to the messages, which if written ostentatiously will sound fake and insincere.
- Since this is a time of joyousness and festivity, and the solemnity of Christmas usually gives way to a spirit of Christmas cheer, the messages should be joyous and reflective of the general atmosphere of bonhomie and cheer.
- Boxing Day messages must be personalized according to the tastes of the recipients who will receive the messages. They must be carefully written as a result as a generalized message seems impersonal and cold especially in the festive season.
- Boxing Day messages must also be suiting the occasion. The messages should be specific and to the point. They should be relevant to the occasion and Boxing Day messages should thus be specifically pertaining to that occasion and the emotions it evokes.
- Boxing Day messages must also be tinged with humor. It is a joyous occasion, and humor can truly brighten up someone’s day. Hence, the message should be informal and laced with humor.
Thus, Boxing Day messages should be written with careful consideration and foresight. However, the most important element of the Boxing Day messages should be sincerity and true goodwill which can elevate a simple Boxing Day message to a heartfelt expression of love and wishes.