How to write answering messages
Answering messages are the messages which are framed or written down for answering machines for phones of people. Any such message is a brief message which is used to tell the caller that the owner of the phone will give him/her a call back and that the caller can leave a message behind in case of something important or urgent. Answering machine messages are the best mediums to let people know about the absence of the receiver or the fact that he/she is busy and cannot receive the call.
Some people might face difficulty about the kind of content which is to be used in an answering message. This problem mainly arises due to the fact that these types of messages are supposed to be very concise and people do not easily decide on what to say and what not to say in the message. For any kind of problem about framing answering messages, the following are a few points which might be of help:
- The fact that these messages must be really to the point is obvious. Hence one must try not to say things which are out of context or not suitable.
- The name of the receiver must be said along with the fact that he/she is not available at the moment. The reason for not being available must not be stated.
- The message must ask for the name of the caller along with the message if they wish to leave any so that the receiver can call them back.
- The message must be recorded or written by the person himself and must not be copied. Any original and unique answering message is always more interesting than one which is heard or read multiple times.
- In case of official use, a formal tone must be used.